Hit Counter

7 Jul 2009

Think Of An Angel...

... and hear the flutter of it's wings!

I tried that once. I was walking in my garden and I thought of an angel. Then I heard the flutter of wings. I was pretty sure it was a butterfly, the flutter was so gentle. I turned around, pretending it would be an angel, in all white splendour, smiling sweetly at me.

Horror of horrors! There it was! An angel, transparent wings, white attire... the whole deal! It wasn't as pretty as I'd thought angels were supposed to be. Well, once I was over the initial shock, I ran. No, not because the angel was ugly or anything - it wasn't - I just didn't know what else to do. I'd never quite really believed they existed and I'd definitely not expected to meet one... then!

I ran, round and round the garden I ran, but the angel caught up with me. Angels will be angels after all! Soon, I was to fall for his charms and grow fond of him. So much so that I when I looked back at my life, I wondered how I'd even managed the past without the angel in it.

He hugged me, showed me where happiness was during my gloomiest days, protected me and did all that the books say a guardian angel must do. I felt blessed.

One day, I woke up to find him gone. My heart broke, I felt lost and desolate. I couldn't picture the rest of my life without the angel. I didn't have a direction anymore!

Slowly and surely, I hobbled back to my old life - the one where white fluttery creatures didn't exist. There was not more ringing laughter to be heard, no more wings to hide under when I was scared, no more cute smiles to warm my heart. All I had was a handful of pieces from the days gone by, like a dream I was clutching at, hours after I'd woken up.

I look in the pensieve everyday and am grateful for what I have had. I do not know if asking for forever is allowed. To not ask is impossible! Every morning when I walk in my garden and I watch the beautiful butterflies, I wonder if I should ask them if they have seen my angel. I do not know if the angel will be back or if it was only a dream and angels do not really exist... for I hear the birds tweet, I hear all the beautiful sounds of nature but not the kind flutter that I had so come to adore.

Some day... some day! Like they say, when you love something, let it go; If it comes back, it is truly yours to keep but if it doesn't, it never was yours in the first place! Was the angel mine or did he lose his way from his beloved one and find shelter with me for a few days, I do not know. I only know that I will continue to walk down the garden path every morning and look for my dear friend.

I once read a book called 'PS. If You Could See Me Now' - it's a beautiful book. I could never read it again, though. The angel doesn't come back in that one!

3 comments:

  1. I thought it was 'If you could see me now' by Cecelia Ahern. I loved that book, and the way it ended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! There's no 'PS'.. that's another book b the same author. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really suck at this - no continuous flow of thoughts, can't paint a good picture, can't even get a solid piece of story!

    ReplyDelete