Hit Counter

17 Oct 2009

Chick Lit & Dude Lit

I read and love chick lit. I can't remember where I got that word from, somehow I knew it when I picked up one book in that genre. From answers.com: Chick lit is a term used to denote genre fiction within women's fiction written for and marketed to young women, especially single, working women in their twenties and thirties. The genre sells well, with chick lit titles topping bestseller lists and the creation of imprints devoted entirely to chick lit. It generally deals with the issues of modern women humorously and lightheartedly.

The other day I picked up a similar genre of book but didn't know what to call it for it was guy stuff, instead of girls. I wondered what that would be called. Guy lit? Men lit? Finally, I searched for 'dude lit' on an impulse. Answers doesn't really have anything for the term but a few sentences cropped up in my search with 'dude lit' used in the context. So, I guess that's it then.

Here's some dude lit for interested people - http://www.salon.com/books/feature/2000/07/13/guylit/index.html

I'm currently reading 'A Brand New Friend' by Mike Gayle. As much of a fun read as a chick lit, no less. I love it. Looking for some light reading? Fun? Love chick lit? Try this. A guy's perspective and how differently they think, it's all there for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment