Hit Counter

4 Oct 2009

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Read 'The Lost Symbol'. Had to finish it in one sitting, not because it was so good but because I did not want to give the book more than one day of my life.

I did not enjoy it at all. It was too descriptive, there were fewer dialogues and more of explaining the scenes. It came across to me as being very movie-ish. I would suggest one to give the book a miss and wait for the movie instead. It might look a lot better and there will definitely be more clarity of picture. There's more to be enjoyed with the visuals than there is to say or read.

It's not too different from his other books - the strange symbols, ancient history, the usual stuff. At the end of the quest you find out that what everyone has been searching for was right there and was something pretty obvious/uncomplicated. Think of solving puzzle after puzzle, putting your life at risk, crossing difficult hurdles and then ending up where you started, only to watch the sunset or something equally 'normal'. The book is something on those lines.

Priced at Rs. 650, give or take a few bucks, I did not think this book was a good investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment