Hit Counter

23 May 2010

Sunfeast 10K World Run 2010

My first post on this blog was on 2nd June 2009, called the Majja Majja Run. It was after the run and I spoke of my experiences. This time I find myself writing an account before the run. 

I had hoped to train and run the open 10K this year but as a lot of other things go, I never got around to it and I find myself gearing up for the Majja Run again this year.

Last year, I registered to run for an NGO called Dream-A-Dream and collected donation for them. This year, the fees have been hiked up by a 100 bucks and I'm just running for me. 

Last year, I picked up the bib from work. This year, I went to the stadium and it was good to see the stalls and arrangements. 

Last year, the goodie bag was full of biscuits, chips and crap that I did not care to use. This year, the goodie bag is a lot better. Sunscreen, facewash, hair gel, biscuits, chips, sugarfree, and so on, two sachets of each... except for the energy tablets, it was all useful stuff. 

 

Last year, I did not even know there was a fancy dress part to the Majja Run. This year, I not only knew but I wanted to participate. I wanted to be a cute yellow chicken. Agreed I'm no cutie but the yellow chicken part should be do-able right? I was not even able to convince the rest of the family to co-operate. Not enough time, that is my pathetic excuse.

Last year, I ran with a colleague from work. This year, I run with family and a friend from school.

All these differences apart, one thing has not changed. Last year, I ran* with no training at all. This year, I run* with no training at all.

* When I say ran/run, I may mean run a bit, walk a bit, run lots (ah-em), walk lots, wish I could sit down, try to run, walk, jog, walk, sweat like a horse, walk, walk, walk, oh thank god we're here!

Run or walk, I need to be up early and be well-rested for some 'majja' tomorrow. Here I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment